TR6:water/soot in exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6:water/soot in exhaust
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 17:40:26 -0600
JC>Hello all-
JC>   I just bought a '75 TR6 a couple of months ago.  I notice that the exhaus
JC>spits out water and soot, especially when first starting. I'm not sure that
JC>this is normal and I can imagine what's getting built up in the engine.  I
JC>have tried adjusting the mixture, but this doesn't seem to have any effect.
JC> Any suggestions.

JC>-Joe

Joe,
 The water that you seet when you first start the engine is merely
condensation and is normal. The soot is just carbon, again also normal.
 If it keeps up after the engine is warm, then it might be a good idea
to check the carb mixture, but IMHO you don't have a problem.
Regards,
Tony
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com