Re: O.D. Woes

To: mcmullen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O.D. Woes
From: Jdttrs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 10:57:49 -0400
My experience with the J OD has been that even if the solenoid goes "off" the

shifting Spool that it moves does not return. It depends on a small spring to
return
it and it doesn't take much to make it Stick. Their are O-Rings on the spool
that
can shread and couse it to hang up. I would remove the solenoid and check the
condition of the spool. Also being low in fluid will couse it to hang in OD.
 You can remove all of that from the bottom with out much trouble. The
solenoid lock nut
is the biggest problem.

Have fun;
Dean Tetterton