Re: BF&E Experience

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Subject: Re: BF&E Experience
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:34:49 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: 75701.242@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 6 Sep 1996 McGaheyRx@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 96-09-04 23:05:04 EDT, 75701.242@CompuServe.COM (David
> Rupert) writes:
>
> << He had a possible sale for $1400.00.  Instead, he sold me a $12.00 timing
> chain.
>  I've seen a lot of bad vendor experiences written up here, I thought I would
>  share a good one.   >>
>
> Hats off to Ken and British Frame and Engine.
> My fondest wish is that all vendors in this business would realize that one
> word of mouth (or hands on keyboard) tesitmonial like this is worth more
> advertising than they could ever buy.

But it's so much easier to write a check for an ad. THAT doesn't involve
any particular effort, other than draining a minute amount of ink out of
the BIC. Advertising doesn't even have to involve overt honesty and
such, although gross misstatements could be subject to legal actions.

Word of mouth (or word of Net) testimonials are earned by folks such as
Ken who, while earning a living, also treat their customers as friends --
as part of a fraternity/sorority/Scionity (you can look it up, but it
won't do any good -- I just created that word).

As wealthy as some vendors become feeding off the hobby, if they only
knew how rich they might become by actually SERVING their customers and
making a GOOD reputation for themselves!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *