opinions on webber varbs for 4 cylinder solicitated

Subject: opinions on webber varbs for 4 cylinder solicitated
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 11:45:26 -0500
Someone mentioned tests which showed the S-U carbs as being able to out preform
Webers.

We are trying to plan a complete engine rebuild and would like more thoughts on
Webers v. S-U's.  Authenticity is no concern, performance is every concern.  I
have the opportunity to pick up new Webers at what looks like a good price,
but,of course, would prefer to save the money if possible.  The problem is I
lack the technical expertise to fully appreciate the subtle differences.
Webers always looked like the performance choice, but that may be based soley
on advertising hype and name.  What are the facts?  And what are the variables?
 General thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

kengano@advant.com