TR6 voltage/alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 voltage/alternator
From: Scott Jensen <sjensen@astral.magic.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 00:33:39 -0400
oops, i took the scenic route home tonight (red light district) and my
voltage was showing just under 11!!! As I passed a surprisingly
acrobatic streetwalker, my TR6 went..cough, fart, backfire etc.etc.
Although I never "do" trade in this section of town, I would be awfully
hard to explain why I was getting a "jump" / push start from one of the
local girls! ;-)
well I limped home and am charging the batt, tomorrow I will
replace the offending unit.
Just thought I would check to make sure that this kind of behaviour (the
cars) is common with a low batt/no alternator situation.
Thanks..
Cap'n Scott