Re: TR6 - source(s) for a performance cam ?

To: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 - source(s) for a performance cam ?
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 09:42:07 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael Noerregaard wrote:

> Fellow SOL's
>
> I wrote to the list a while ago asking about a Kent cam that my mechanic has
> advised me to put in my GT6 (w/TR6/TR250 engine) - but learned that
> availability is limited at best. So, does anybody have experience with other
> competition cams?

Michael, you might try Malvern Racing (804-971-9668, fax 804-971-5652),
since they sell Piper cams.  If their prices seem high, you could also
try TriumphTune in England.  Their number, I think, is on the SOL site.
Given that a cam, even with matching springs and lifters, is not that
heavy or bulky, you might find better prices (after adding in shipping
and import duties) and wider choice of grinds in England.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....