Re: EPA Smog II <9608292132.AA25111@shiseis.com>

To: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Subject: Re: EPA Smog II <9608292132.AA25111@shiseis.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 21:45:37 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>> Well, there's nothing like hearing it from people in California who
>> have first-hand knowledge.  Of the 18 people with whom I have spoken who
>> have cars older than 1987 and we recently smogged, ALL required a
>> minimum of $120 and/or 5 hours of labour to avoid failing or being labeled a
>> "Gross Polluter".

Well, I had out '66 Austin Healy Sprite smogged last Tuesday, and it passed
with flying colors; well under the limits and onlt slightly higher than the
averages.

Only cost me the test fee -- $35 -- and the certificate fee, but we don't
get certificates any more; the smog check results go straight to the DMV
via modem now.

Last time I had my '72 TR-6 smogged it passed handily too.  Of course, I
take care of my cars...