RE: Herald running problems.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs)
Subject: RE: Herald running problems.
From: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:38:00 +0200
Charlie,

Yes, it does have _one_ Stromberg ;-)

You wrote:
> If if feels like fuel starvation, it could be the fuel filter. Has it
been
> replace lately? A partially clogged filter will restrict larger volumes
of
> fuel which you need at higher speeds.

No, it's not been replaced recently.  Certainly not in the last 6000
miles.  I'll add that job to my list...

> The kinked vent hose would not cause the problem you described. If you
choke
> off the crankcase ventilation you may get some new oil leaks. Without
proper
> ventilation crankcase pressure build and pushes the oil out of strange
> places.

Hmmm, that explains the damp, black floor in my garage?  I'm learning
lots here.

> Does the car run OK after warmed up, or do you have to use the choke
all the
> time? Actually 25 mpg doesn't sound too terribly bad for that engine.
What
> are you used to getting, and what was done to the car just before the
mileage
> dropped. Or, did it just kind of do it on its own? Think back.

I don't use the choke once it's warmed up, normally.  When it was
suffering the other day I used a little.
Mileage has been around 20-25mpg since I had the car (two years).

Thanks for your advice.

Daren.