Re: Restoration Manuals

To: MATHEWS@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Restoration Manuals
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 08:56:10 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> I'm getting ready to redo a 64 TR4 and if I can find me suitable
> facilities for it, I'd like some guidance. Looking at Classic Motorbook
> catalog, there are several options for manuals on how to proceed. Has
> anyone had experience with manuals that are general in nature and what
> would you recommend?

  Two general books I've found quite useful in my MG... errr, I mean Triumph
restoration are:

        "How to Restore British Sports Cars", by Jay Lamm
        published by Motorbooks Intl, ISBN: 0879385677  ~$30

        "Classic Car Restoration Guide : The Complete Illustrated Step-By-Step
Manual"
        by Lindsay Porter, published by Haynes, ISBN: 1850108900  ~$35

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit