Fuel Lines & Tank

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Lines & Tank
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:13:20 -0600
Encoding: 24 TEXT
A while ago I posted a question regarding what things to check/repair
prior to mobilizing a car (TR6) which ahd been stored for a long time (8
years in my case, all in a dry garage up on blocks).

Thanks to all those who responded to this (and also many of my
subsequent followup questions). This is a resource I certainly did not
enjoy when last I drove my car. I really appreciate all the suggestions
and help.

One of the items recommended was to "boil" the fuel tank to clean it of
any rust and other junk. I have had this done (here it was called steam
cleaning), even though the tank seemed in reasonably good shape. So I
wonder if I should do somehting about the reast of the fuel system,
specifically the other fuel lines. I have already replaced the rubber
ones. What can be done about the metal ones? I geuss the ones I can
think of are the main one along the frame from the fuel filter to the
tank and the ones closer to the carbs. Is there some cleaning agent
which might be effective in cleaning metal fuel lines?

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
peterz@merak.com