BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Francois Demont <100304.204

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:54:19 -0400
     Date: 23 Aug 96 17:22:05 EDT
     From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
     Subject: Trunnion Oil

Ross D. Vincenti wrote :
I read somewhere that one should use gear oil,
NOT grease to fill the trunnions.  Is this true?  If so, why?

Yes it is true, like others already wrote it. But I think the why question is
still un-answered ?
I read somewhere it was because of the high pressures in the trunion, between
threads of the vertical link and the trunion. Normal grease loose its properties
under high pressures. Same problem, same lube in the gearbox..

Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com
Spitfire MK3, 1968, valencia blue, every day car
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire