Re: Value of 73 Stag ?? ?

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value of 73 Stag ?? ?
From: Carelallen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 13:30:28 -0400
Joe,

Just for reference, I paid $5K for a nice Stag last year. It a rust free
unrestored car with a re-paint that runs well. The car has auto trans, wire
wheels, a hard top and approx 50K miles. The only obvious things that it
needed when I bought it was new tires, a new soft top and at least 1 muffler.
The previous owner had listed it in Hemmings for several months and got quite
a few inquires but I was the only serious buyer who actually looked at the
car (it was in Midland Michigan). I believe he started asking $7,500 for it
which I think would have been a reasonable price for it. I think I bought on
the low end. My personal feeling is that a $10K car must be very, very nice
and need basically nothing. From your limited description, I woulde guess
that the car you are talking about is worth something less than $5K. Good
Luck!

Carel Allen
71 Stag

P.S. Watch out for oil leaks on a car that has sat for a while. the car I
bought was stored for 5 years and after I started using it developed leaks at
the oil pump, power steering, transmission output shaft and gear selector (I
think?), and diff pinion seal.