Re: Removing undercoating from a body tub

To: alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing undercoating from a body tub
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 10:10:15 -0400
Is your body off of the frame? If so, the best approach is to use propane
torch on the other side and scrape the undercoating off. It's still not fun,
but because you're heating the metal, it holds the heat and allows you to
accomplish the task quicker. I figured this out after doing most of the car
by heating the undercoating directly (thus removing the heat as I went
along). Be careful not to overheat sensitive sections. Again this only works
if your painting the body tub inside and out.
Bob in Austin