Re: 79 Spit `As is, make offer'

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 79 Spit `As is, make offer'
From: TriumphSof@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 01:27:29 -0400
In a message dated 96-08-19 14:58:04 EDT, ak627@dayton.wright.edu (Tom Tweed)
writes:

<<
 Fellow Motorheads,

 This car appeared just down the road from me (West Milton, Ohio) and has
 been pulled out of 10-yr storage and parked in a front yard with a sign
 showing a phone # and the `As is..make offer'.  Owner believes it's a
 1500;  no overdrive;  ran when parked;  50,000 miles showing;  MUCH RUST
 visible all around, owner sez "quit driving it after battery fell thru big
 rust hole" in body;  top raggedy, tan interior probably home to mice.

 That should be enough for now, my first reaction was $100. parts car.
 Good title; looks to be complete car,  NOW how much would you pay?

 Call before midnight tonight!! Operators standing by!! Not sold in stores!!
 Free set of Steak Knives for the first 50 callers...wait, wrong ad;

 Spitfar owners, I'd like Your Humble Opinions on how much to offer.
 Thank you,
 Tom Tweed
 TR-250
 SW Ohio
 Miami Valley Triumphs (TRA);  6-Pack

OUCH!
I would have hated to be the passenger when that battery fell through!

Tell him to give you $50 to tow it away.

Seriously, though,  if the engine, trans, and rear end appear good,  $100
would be a fair price, but I would only offer $75 max, 'cause Spits ain't
ever gonna reach a point where you can take a basket case and come out ahead.

Ed
77 Spitfire 1500 (daily driver, only driver)