Rudge-Whitworth, aka K.O.'d by Knock Offs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, DoctorTom@aol.com
Subject: Rudge-Whitworth, aka K.O.'d by Knock Offs
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:01:38 -0400
Well, with this controversy beat nearly to the ground, we have yet to hear
the official name for the principle behind centre-lock wheels' ability to
remain on the car.  I'm a bit disappointed in our British friends; back in
engineering school, a fellow LBC enthusiast and I often conjectured that
British engineering students probably spent months discussiing the
Rudge-Whitworth Locking Principle, preparatory to their advanced Lucas
training   ;-)

At any rate, the true name for the principle which keeps centre-lock wire
wheels in place is indeed the Rudge-Whitworth Locking Principle.

-Karl