Re: steering joints her/spit<199608180019.AAA10445@heimdall.iaccess.com.

To: krisc@pi.bns.com.au
Subject: Re: steering joints her/spit<199608180019.AAA10445@heimdall.iaccess.com.au>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 11:08:37 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Hi folks
>Another Question for you all !

>The little flexible joint on the bottom of the steering column I know it is
>possible to get a new joint but only have a problem with the tapered rubber
>sleeves which go onto the bolts and act as (anti vibration/ flexible
>whatevers?)
>Is it possible to get just these rubbers?
>we are almost finished in our first restoration ie complete ground-up job
>Tony; Heralds

>Honest dear I only got this one to get a couple of spares I'll get rid of it
>in a couple of days( times 35)

In the past, when I have needed one of these joints(NO, not the smoking type) I
have made a repair by unscrewing the two halve, pulling the rubber bits out,
turning them inside out, then replace them back in the holes and re-assemble.
This really tightened the whole thing up and saved me about 16 quid!!!

Rich