Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #331 Sat Aug 17 02:35:04 MDT 1996

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #331 Sat Aug 17 02:35:04 MDT 1996
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: 18 Aug 1996 23:48:04 GMT
uunet!autox.team.net!triumphs-owner,Mail writes:
 But I can't for the
life of me figure out how to take off the front and back bumbers.

Neither can I!  After 12 years I've finally gotten around to trashing those
hideous overriders.  The front's are easy. The rears however require that the
bumper be taken off to get at the mounting plates that were used to hold the
overriders and replace them with spacers.  How the heck do you get at that
#!@*^ 9/16" nut from the inside?  There seems to be no clear shot at it.  And
removing the bumper wings and going at it from the outside doesn't seem to
help either as the bolt is recessed and seemingly impossible to get at that
way.  Ideas?  I'm about to take a torch to the support brackets and trim them
that way.

Joe Merone
'74 TR6