Knock it off 2..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Knock it off 2..
From: Scott Jensen <sjensen@astral.magic.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:42:09 -0400
Though i have just joined this "list" I do have a few comments regarding
knock offs. 1) I was passenger in a rally some years ago and the left
rear wheel of my friends 1934 Singer LeMans flew off. Turns out the
half shaft and knock off had been replaced with "right side" ones. Good
thing the brake drum was tough. 2)(do you want to hear this?) While
driving my '66 Spit in Regina Sask., in the winter, had a flat repaired
and I didnt tighten up the left rear knock off enough. As I wheeled
around the corner, saw a cute female hitch hiker, I attempted to stop. I
first saw the knock off pass me, then the wheel...while I was retrieving
them, a car (big american one) stopped and rolled down the electric
window. The driver handed me a card, he was an automobile salesman, he
said "buy a real car, son." In his passenger seat was the hitch hiker!
True I swear.
Scott.
Sorry I was so long winded