TR6 more trailing arm mount questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 more trailing arm mount questions
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:04:21 EST
RE my busted trailing arm mount:

I got under the car again last night to check the notches.  It's the
left-side inboard mount bracket.  It has 3 distinct notches on one
side of the bracket, and 2 on the other side.  Hmmm.  I checked the
right-side inboard bracket, and it has 2 notches on each side of the
bracket.  Both outboard brackets have a single notch.  From what I
can tell from the TRF book, both inboard brackets should be either
the 2-notch or the 3-notch.  It doesn't say anything about brackets
that are both 2 *and* 3 notch like mine.

Questions for anyone who's been here before:
-do the 3-notch brackets have 3 notches on both sides of the bracket,
   indicating that I have a wierdo hybrid bracket?
-since I have a 2-notch on the right side, should I just put a
   2-notch on the left side?
-how much does it even matter?  Near as I can tell, the 3-notch
   design was intended to reduce rear-end squat under acceleration, but
   both sides need the 3-notch brackets for them to work.

As for Shipwrights Disease, I beefed up the differential mounts last
year, so this repair definitely (hopefully) will stay close to the wheel well.

Jeff Wagner
72 TR6 in College Park, MD