Re[2]: Oil pressure, TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Subject: Re[2]: Oil pressure, TR6
From: jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 96 12:04:50 PST
Cc: rbenitez@c.net.gt
     I was thinking something like this as well. You could also try
     rechecking the rod big-end torque settings. More straws...

     Jim
     jims@autodesk.com
     '74 TR6 CF20076U

Subject: Re: Oil pressure, TR6
Author:  peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes) at smtpcc1
Date:    8/9/96 7:07 AM

The only thing I can think of is that the bearing clearances are a bit
"big", as the cold pressure is acceptable and the pump seems to be working.
It may be a good idea to ask the shop that did the motor for the inspection
sheet and the parts list for the job. I suppose it's possible to fit stock
bearings on a .010"-under crank and have this happen. Grasping at straws...

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951