Re: Follow up: Spitfire coil

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Follow up: Spitfire coil
From: "Brent Martin" <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:32:47 -0700 (PDT)
In message Fri, 9 Aug 1996 12:28:03 -0400 (EDT),
  Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>  writes:

>>    I tried Jeremy's suggestion and extended a jumper cable from + pole
>>  on the  coil to the block - CRACK, spark, engine died, spark. So that
>> works.

> Given that the above worked and that your car runs ok, I'm inclined to
> say that your car is fine, and that the man at the test place just didn't
> have a clue what he was doing.

I appreciate your assistance; but I don't think so. This was a mechanic
working for AAA that does 10 of these analyses per day (travels from office
to office in southern CA). There was nothing trickier about hooking up the
analyzer than what I did with the jumper cables. The car before me worked
and the car after me worked. And he tried several times to establish good
connections on the car. It's possible that the car has "fixed itself" since
the test but I think something really wasn't right at the time. Could you
help me by telling me what I should find/how I can test the wires from
the negative side of the coil. Thanks, brent