Re: My ignition light is on when driving.....

To: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Subject: Re: My ignition light is on when driving.....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 19:35:22 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
robert ylitalo wrote:

> I have just started my car after being aslepp for along time(i mean the
> car). The voltmeter shows just bellow 12volts or exactly 12 volts. And
> the ignition light is on. This should mean that my battery is not
> properly loaded. Does any one have a idea what the problem can be?

It means your generator is not charging.  This could be one of several
things:  bad wiring between the generator and the battery, bad wiring
between the generator and the voltage regulator, the voltage regulator is
stuck open, the brushes in the generator are worn out or stuck, or a
combination of these things.  Last might be a failure of either the
voltage regulator or the generator.  Check the obvious first--the wiring.
If you know little about the charging circuit or the voltage regulator,
avoid fiddling with its innards.  They aren't easy for a novice to
adjust.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....