Re: TR6 paint guidelines

To: streeter@sanders.com
Subject: Re: TR6 paint guidelines
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 14:00:26 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Valve Cover     silver (Ford Argent or Duplicolor T129)
Engine Block    gloss black
Intake manifold silver (I used aluminum high temp paint)
Air Cleaner     silver (see valve-cover)
Brake Booster   semi-gloss black
Body number plate       there are two, one is body colored, the other is
                        unpainted aluminium
Radiator        semi-gloss or flat black (real thin coat!!!)
Radiator stays  gloss black
Frame (everywhere)      gloss black
Wiper Motor     grey Hammerite!!!
Oil Filter Cover        lightish blue with AC brand sticker

Note: contrary to common opinion, the original wheel paint is not silver!
It is a couple of shades darker than argent. It is not grey, per se, but
it is not silver. If anyone needs to see the original color, talk to me,
I have an original spare on an unpainted original rim. The spare is a
Goodyear G800 red-line, not that optional Michelin stuff!

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Why I have 3.5 today.