Re: Spitfire 1500 coil problem?

To: "Brent Martin" <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 coil problem?
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 13:07:03 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Brent:
My first reaction to your problem is to say that this testing fault is not
your problem at all. Why should you be concerned if the machine is unable
to control your car? That is not the solution to your problem of getting
your car tested, though. I guess I'd like to know what this machine does
once it seizes hold of your engine. It sounds like your ignition components
are arranged properly and getting correct voltages. Has the operator of
this analyzer had any similar experiences? I realize these questions are of
little help in getting the job taken care of, but I'm curious about the
whole emissions testing process.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951