Re: TR6 Seat Belt Springs

To: 74741.2020@CompuServe.COM
Subject: Re: TR6 Seat Belt Springs
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 08:44:37 1996
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The retractor spring can be tightened a few turns, I believe
4 in my case, the helps ALOT, but it seems the spring basically
lost its "spring" and needs a replacement - source?  Mine now
pulls most the way, most the time.

Pick the end that has the flat black cover and remove 2 screws.
>came apart like a grenade when I released the tension

Yes, this can happen, to prevent this keep pressure on the plate
while you "slide" it aside, this keeps the spring from getting
away from you, looks like 50 turns in there...  Find the outer
end and pull it up, rotate a couple of turns and reattach.

I'd be sitting at a workbench when you start this, its a little
tedious.  Also spray some WD-40 in this thing to loosen it up,
don't get anything on the belts!

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879