Re: TR6 Wheel color - Six Pack info

To: Chris Bullock <bullock@indycar.eds.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Wheel color - Six Pack info
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@cris.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 22:54:01 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
,Chris Bullock wrote:

> Does anyone know the correct color to use for a stock TR6 wheel?
>
> Also, would someone pass along some info about the Six Pack club -
> general info, contact name/address, etc.?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Bullock
> 1973 TR6  CF389 U

Chis,

   I can help you with the paint anyway... Where I work I had to
 paint a Ford F 250. When it came time to paint the wheels it dawn-
 ed on me how similar the silver looked to the wire wheels I had at
 home (in storage for potential use on my car). So I took a sample
 of the paint home. This color is quite close. If you were to only
 paint half the wheel it wouldn't blend, same for only one wheel on
 the same car that had three original wheels on it. But if you used
 this paint on all for wheels and parked near another car with the
 exact color, I think you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference.
 Especially if the car has a different body color, which would alter
 anyone's frame of reference...
    The Ford company's paint code number is "M6506 G" and the descript-
 ion is "1994 FORD TRUCK BRIGHT ARGENT METALLIC". These desriptions
 should be able to get you some paint mixed for you at a local auto-
 body supply store, or they might have some spray paint cans as well.
 If you'd like to know before hand what it looks like ask if they could
 point it out to you from the corresponding "CHIP BOOK" of actual
 paint samples.
    I am of course assuming that wire wheels are the same color as
 stock wheels...

                        JOE IV
                        TR 250