BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isoc

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 11:35:28 -0400

     Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 15:44:39 -0400
     From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
     Subject: One mory smelly thing to check...

Another place to track down the reason you might smell after a
run is the heating system.

  My friends TR6 over this summer started to get really awful. You'd
smell hot oily fumes the whole time you were in the car, and you'd
have to come home and change right away after.

  Then after a while the heating system hoses let go and dumped the
coolant on the passenger side footwell. After that was all patched up,
the smell problem went away.

  I'm guessing that the hose was partially detached for a long period
of time, and was spitting engine coolant steam out under the dash
on the passenger side periodically.

  It doesn't quit smell like oil as you know, but it's really hot
brackish awful hot-metal smell.

--
                   Trevor Boicey - Computer Engineer
                1992 Celica GT (95% of the driving I do)