Re[2]: Spit Swing Springs

To: VINCENR@transamerica.com, Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re[2]: Spit Swing Springs
From: CD_Plucker_at_SGE-BWNS@framatech.com
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 96 16:00:11 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Vincenti, Ross wrote:

> Okay, okay.  Now I'm confused.  Andy Mace advises that the rear leaf swing
> spring on the later Spits is the same length as the earlier non-swing spring
> Spits, however the axles are longer (no dispute about that last part).

Well, almost. What I said was that the swing-spring was the same,
whether used with the "shorter" or "longer" axles. But...

> So am I to understand that I CAN bolt in a later swing spring with
> absolutely NO other modifications to my Mk I Spit?

     Alright, dumb question: can I bolt one of the swing springs on my mk1
     GT6 ? Right now I have nylon web rebound straps to prevent camber
     jacking but I don't like that setup.

     Thanks
     Chris plucker in VA
     68 GT6