TR3A REAR BRAKES

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A REAR BRAKES
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 14:24:55 -0400
Hello to all:
Have been working on the TR3 rear brakes.  Seems I have only one good or
rebuildable brake cylinder.  The other is totally shot.  My question is has
anyone had any experience with the replacement cylinders from various
suppliers  (TRF, Victoria).  Seems these are Italian made Lockheed units
made to replace the original Girling wheel cylinders.  The bore size is
slightly larger (?) and they must be used in pairs.  Have these been used by
anyone and has the performance been satisfactory?  Some suppliers have
replacement Girling units, but the price difference is quite high, one
Girling unit being more than  the cost of a pair of the Lockheed replacements.
Seems these wheel cylinders are a direct replacement and fit without any
problems.

Thanks for any information.

Angelo Graham
Waterloo, Ont. Canada