Re: LBC Museums in England

To: ACES7@aol.com
Subject: Re: LBC Museums in England
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 16:41:05 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Having recently done this (in the last 12 months or so), I suggest:

Beauliau (pro-nounced BEWley) supposedly awesome. They have a big swap
meet there around the time of the US "Labor Day" holiday. I haven't been
there (yet), but it looks awesome for old car fans.

British Heritage Museum at Gaydon. Awesome collection of British cars
including Triumph and MG and Rover etc. I could have spent all day there.

Donnington Park Race track (near Derby in the village of Donnington
Castle.) The best F1 museum. Period. If you like F1, you'll really like
this place. The entire room of McLaren race cars was pretty high on my
list of kewl things to see. By the way, if you happen to be at the track
when they hold a "historics" race, it is pretty fun but you will not see
a lot of Triumphs there!

In Coventry (or nearby) I believe you can get a tour of the Jaguar
factory. There's also Aston Martin.

If your a fan of British Motorsport, you should visit the "hallowed
grounds" of Silverstone. Nothing more needs to be said on that topic.

My personal recommendation is to drive some "B" and some "unclassified"
roads while in Britain. Great fun, cool roads.

Write me if you need more info, but I also suggest that you get a "good"
road atlas to help you get around while you are there!

Good Luck!
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: You'll have to talk to my attorney about that topic...