TR 4a-6 "Shocking proposition"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 4a-6 "Shocking proposition"
From: Tom Leake <TLEAKE@novell.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:42:13 -0600
Encoding: 39 Text
Flame suit on

I am inprocess of rebuilding my TR4 a's front suspension.  I was
 "shocked" when I removed the purportedly orginal Armstrong shocks
 and found them to be in quite satisfactory condidtion as noted by the
 equal resistance in either direction (My car is a low mileage car).

So, having Yankee trader genes and a tongue that sometimes seems
permanently attached inside my cheek  I thought I might put forth this
propostion...

Trade  one pair of completely original and usable
genuine Armstrong shocks  for a set of upgraded aftermarket
shocks, koni or spax would do (after all I am upgrading to urethane
bushings all around) .  This would allow someone after a 100 pt. resto
of a TR4a- TR6 to get the real  original shocks (Just think how proud you
can be as you tell the VTR councours judge "notice these shocks are
genuine Armstrong and they still work!"), and  I can have a little fun with
my car.

Of course most of us on the list seem to be more interested in fun than
pure orginality so this is probably the wrong crowd, but nothing ventured
nothing gained...

Flame suit off

BTW I got the bushings from British Parts NorthWest, they claim to supply
 Moss and do have sleeves where the factory used them. They are an
 intermediate hardness, 58.  They seem to fit nicely between the all out
 performance Prothane , 80 hardness available at British Frame and
 Engine, and the other 40 hardness junk on the market.  Plus they are
 black.  The cost was very resonable, <$200  for upper and lower front
 control arm, trailing arm, diff mount, and steering rack.

Tom Leake (tleake@novell.com)
65 TR4A IRS
Opinons expressed do not reflect those of my employer