Spitfire Re-wiring Woes...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Re-wiring Woes...
From: David M Brock <dmbrock@mustang.uwo.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 18:38:14 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Scions.  Am having a problem re-wiring my '73 Spit, and hope there
might be some experience in that area to throw at me.

I have pretty much replaced the whole main harness (Thanks Andy!) and put
the last few touches on it this afternoon.  Before hooking up the battery to
test my handiwork, I checked the resistance across the pos-neg battery
cables, and found some interesting numbers.  The resistance was *not*
infinite, as I thought it should be. I unplugged the alternator and found no
significant change, checked lights, radio, ignition switch, and no change
still.  Then I started to unplug various circuits to isolate the problem,
and founf that the horn relay, when unplugged, increased the resistance.
(closer to infinity)  Then I unplugged the other relay (flasher?) that is
right beside the horn relay (on the firewall beside the brake master
cylinder) and my resistance went right up to infinity.

Is this a simple case of two shot relays, or do relays, with the coils and
magnet properties, have current running in them?

Thanks in advance- I'm away from my computer except on weekends, so I won't
get any replies until then, so don't think that I'm being rude, okay?

David

--
dmbrock@mustang.uwo.ca  <David M Brock>
The University of Western Ontario, Department of Redundancy Department