Stainless brake hoses

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stainless brake hoses
From: GB79fyR9 <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 May 96 09:25:18 EDT

Dave Massey wrote :
I put stainless hoses on my TR6 after I rebuilt my brakes and switched to DOT
5 (silicone) fluid.  The word is that DOT 5 gives an increased spongy feel to
the pedal.  I haven't noticed any sponginess in my brakes, however.  Maybe
the stanless hoses compensated for the DOT 5 fluid.(??)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

IMHO, it's difficult to have an accurate point of view on those wonderful
'stainless steel brake hoses', or 'gooridge', etc, because everyone (and me)
compare *old* rubber hoses to *New* 'stainless' hoses. Is there anyone here who
has compare *new* rubber hoses to *new* 'stainless' hoses ? (And way of bleeding
is very important, too)
(Next time I will ask you cybertriumphists about the position of the air screw
on wheel cylinders!! (spitfires))

Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com
1968 Spitfire MK 3, every day car
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire