Re: Personalized Plates

To: Triumph Cars list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Personalized Plates
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 08:30:26 -0700
Cc: odd@triumphclub.se
The personalized plates haven't been available here in Sweden before
1989. The idea was then picked up by the Vagvarket (Road and registra-
tion board) as a way to commemorate their 50 years anniversary...
It was decided that a plate would cost 5000 Sw Kronor (~USD 800-850)
for a period of ten years. (Then it's time for renewal...) The money
is put into a trust fund financing road safety and such reserach.
(The standard plates in Sweden is affixed to a sertain vehicle when
new and then follows that vehicle through it's total lifespan. At no
extra cost apart from the first registration fee.)

Of course, I leapt at the chance...
I immediately applied for, and got:
ODDONE
(_maybe_ because I feel as an odd one - maybe not...) The plate is
intended for my Spit since it was my firs automobile but while it's
in a very prolonged resto project and the plates have to be affixed
to a vehicle it's currently on my everyday use VW Jetta. (It was my
plan to also get ODDTOO but I couldn't afford it at that time - it's
still not used though so who knows, maybe one day...)

--
Odd Hedberg
 International liaison sec.   Club URL : http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/

PS
Odd is an ancient nordic name (and word) meaning roughly "spearhead".
And as it so happends an English word meaning something quite different.