Non TR. Too much attention!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non TR. Too much attention!
From: PxA5%EngPpl%GS@go50.comp.pge.com
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 17:55:36 PDT
Hi TR fans, friends and others-

On the thread of "how much attention our LBC's generate", I have a brief one.
A typical weekend started with planning a longer trip than before, and I
thought I'd take the TR6 out to San Francisco appx. 35 miles from where I'm
at.  Just pulled on the freeway to start this enjoyable(by myself and this
grin!) journey, a Black BMW with a couple inside passed while I found my
comfortable lane and cruised.  No less than a few minutes or seconds there was
that Black BMW behind me, then to the left then to the right then in front
then behind.  This went on a few times and I held steady and knew they were
just looking...no, not at me...the car.  They finally found themselves behind
me and held their distance, from my rear view mirror I could see the gentlemen
driving doing a lot talking and the gal nodding.

Well after a tunnel, bridge and some street traffic I was an escort to this
BMW all this way, till I got to the cliff house (bar/restaurant viewing the
Pacific Ocean) and stopped.  Greeted by the couple instantly and found out
they were on their way to San Jose which is the other way, and they were
disappointed that *I* took them so far out of their way so they can take a
closer look at my car.  Discussion revolved around everything from "I use to
have an MG in high school and now I'm married to how much do you want for your
car and here's my card". Still have the car...don't have the card.

Ciao-
Pouya
That car is ill now and so is the other one!  Argh!