Six Appeal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Six Appeal
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 19:49:30 -0400
Fellow Motorheads,
The reactions you sometimes get when taking your pride and joy out on the
town can be surprising--and come from people you'd never expect, in my
experience mostly from my 14-yr-old daughter's friends! The boys say,
Oh, cool, What is that?, and when I went to pick her up at a friend's
house during a slumber party, I had to stay a few minutes while 5 or 6
of her friends made such a fuss over my much-less-than-perfect red TR-250
that you'd think I'd just shown up with a pony for them to play with!
My daughter was saying things like, "Yeah, that's the car my daddy is
saving for ME for when I turn 16!" and other such foolishness, and all
her friends wanted to touch the soft top, wood dashboard, gearshift etc.
and all seemed so sad that the company that made the car went bust before
they were even born!

I guess TRiumphs, being '70's sorts of cars, are now making a big come-
back like everything else.  My wife was cleaning out her closet and had
some vintage '70's stuff in a box for Goodwill, certain that the 14-yr-old
wouldn't be caught dead in it, but guess what...yep, it was too cool to
give away, daughter was ecstatic to find it, so I was thinking...

Does anyone know where I can get some burnt-orange colored extra-long
SHAG carpet to redo my TR's interior ??? How 'bout a 12-volt Lava Lamp ?
..and of course, I'll need a lime-green polyester leisure suit, and...
Just think of the possibilities!! More fun than a barrel o' cat piss!!
I can ask Twice as much for the car as I want now, sell it to some
gen-X er  with more money than sense....

Well as you may have guessed, now I must be off.
Tom Tweed
TR-250
6-Pack