Spitfire Factory Offered Colors (Colours?)

To: DTait44495@aol.com
Subject: Spitfire Factory Offered Colors (Colours?)
From: Les Francis <lesf@metronet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 22:52:20 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
According to Thomason's Triumph Spitfire and GT6  A Guide to Originality,
beginning in Mar '77  Spitfires were available in the following colors:

        BODY COLOR         CODE             Trim Color
        Carmine Red        82/CAA           Beige
        Leyland White      NAF              Black or Beige
        Vermilion Red      CAE              Black
        Inca Yellow        94/FAB           Black
        Russet Brown       93/AAE           Beige
        Brooklands Green   HAE              Beige
        Pageant Blue       JAE              Black or Beige

Now as I look at my Bentley, pg 61, I see the same info cited as '78 and later.

Regards,
Les Francis
lesf@metronet.com
'78 Spit