Re: suspension bushes

To: dezn490@wadnr.gov, jgillis@tcd.ie, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: suspension bushes
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 16:28:55 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-17 10:52:04 EDT, dezn490@wadnr.gov (dave eaton)
writes:

>Question to all of you bushing experts
> Is there and problems with mixing rubber bushes and synthetic bushes
>ie.nylon etc.
>and mixing as far as fore and aft.
>
>Dave Eaton

Dave,

I wouldn't mix left to right.  That means what ever you do to the right side
do to the left side.  Failing to do this will yeild a car that will "side
step"when you least expect it.

Mixing for to aft as in all poly in the front suspension and original in the
rear would be ok but the usual caveates apply (ie: warn bushings are a
problem reguardless).

Mixing fore to aft as in poly in the front lower control arm mount and rubber
at the rear can yield mixed results.  This will cause self steering under
changes is loading on the suspension which may be benificial or detrimental.
 Some experimentation may be in order.

Thats all I know (and some of THAT is conjecture).

Dave (I don't know what I don't know) Massey
TR6Massey@aol.com