TR3 - Fender beading question

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 - Fender beading question
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Thu, 16 May 96 13:36:17 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
*** Resending note of 05/14/96 21:43
 Tue, 14 May 96 21:43:36 EDT
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 21:33:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

>I am putting new beading on the car.  Kit was purchased by PO from TRF.
>Which end of the short piece under the tail light is up?  The rounded one

Carl, The flat end does go under the tail lamp. You are about to embark on
a real adventure. I found that the fender beading is installed by holding
the beading in place between the fender and body with one hand, while
aligning the fender with your other two hands and using your fourth hand
tighten the bolts holding the fender on. This works well on the short
beading you asked about. The longer beading requires the use of your other
free hand to assist in keeping the longer beading in place. :-)
Good luck with it.
Rik