Re: TR6 rear half-shafts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 rear half-shafts
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 16:28:01 -0400
The splines on the half-shafts are keyed by one oversize spline, it's
easy to remove the outer shaft/hub and leave the inner in place if it's
in good shape. Don't know about later models, but I could not remove the
inner stone guard through the hole in the swing-arm where the hub bolts
on, so I just removed the accordion gaiter and pulled off the outer
section, which was all I wanted anyway (bad hub bearing--good to check
the play on that thing when you're working in that area, mine was so
bad that the wheel wobbled and set up a weird vibration at hiway speed).
I know Bentley says wire the whole axle together and pull it as a unit,
but I couldn't do it because of the inner stone guard--no clearance.
Good luck
Tom Tweed
TR-250
TR-6 R '69 650cc