Rocks in the head

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocks in the head
From: jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 17:03:58 PST
     Just a little warning about top-down motoring:

     I usually wear one of those geeky looking pairs of wrap-around
     sunglasses because they fit over my prescription glasses well and they
     are polarized, they're cheap, etc. But lately I've been glad to have
     them on because they also act like goggles. Twice in the last few
     weeks I've been hit, close to my eyes, by flying pebbles thrown up by
     other cars. Once the pebble came up over the windshield and another
     time it came from the side. Both times they hit me hard enough that if
     it had been my eyes I'm sure some damage would have occurred. Luckily
     it was the hardest part of me, my head, that got hit :-). But anyway,
     get something that protects your eyes from the front *and* sides.
     Better to look slightly goofy than lose an eye.

     Jim Sudduth
     '74 TR6 with a lumpy head (mine, not its)