Re: Generator to Alternator Conversion

To: Tony Robinson <aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu>
Subject: Re: Generator to Alternator Conversion
From: philw <P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 09:17:43 +0100 (BST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, chalb@pantek.com
Chal
>>I am lucky to own a '61 TR-3A which has been restored
(I'm also lucky in
>>that I have a son in the business) with an eye toward
maximizing
>>dependability for regular driving (as opposed to
creating a "trailer
>>queen"). The next project in mind is a conversion of the
electrical system
>>(a.) from positive to negative gound, and (b.) from
generator to alternator
>>powered.
>>
>>Any wisdom which members of the group are willing to
offer will be warmly
>>appreciated.

> If you have web access, complete and eay info is
available at the
>Triumph home page.
> I did a 64 TR4 and a 61 TR3 using the info with no hitches.
>Best Regards,
>Tony R.
>"GT6s"

I have also put generator to alternator conversion details
for the Triumph Herald 13/60 on my page (not including the
polarity change 'cos it's not necessary on that model).
You may find it of use, who knows?

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1147

The structure of the pages is still a bit messy due to lack
of time, but follow the Herald route from the homepage.

Phil
TSSC 13/60 Secretary

Phil Willson
Electronic Engineering Dept