REPLACING A TR2 REAR END WITH A TR3 MODEL?????

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: REPLACING A TR2 REAR END WITH A TR3 MODEL?????
From: Christian_Simonsen@ena-east.ericsson.se (Christian Simonsen)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 12:03:42 -0400

     I'm getting poised to put the TR2 back on the road. One of the last
     problems I had was a broken axle that left its nose in the
     differential. Since then, I have been told on a few occasions that the
     TR2 rear ends were wimpy and I should consider an upgrade to a TR3
     version if I plan to drive it regularly. Can I get some validation on
     this? A TR3 rear end is available to me until the end of this month.

     The axle has the brake drums, etc.  Is there any other brackets/hdw
     that I should obtain when/if I get the rear end? Any rear ends to
     avoid?

     Thanks, Christian Simonsen

     TR4 good weather driver (only now it has a brake caliper that went
     clunk when I last stopped)

     TR2 languishing in a cold garage                   0 ___ 0
         (with a trunk full of brewers yeast)            (___)
                                                       <=======>

     P.S.  TRF is ok with me, I just wish the tee shirts didn't have the
     bear on them.