Re: New Electronic Ignition

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com
Subject: Re: New Electronic Ignition
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 17:59:29 1996
>I've seen these at British Motorsports (408.370.7174), Perlux (sp?)
>ignition systems for Lucas distributors.  They are two pieces,
>transistor switching w/ hall effect sensor and a trigger collar that
>drops over the cam lobes.  Very simple and rugged, fits under the cap
>and only two wires run out to the coil, no black box or cheap
>connectors.  According to Dave, he has gotten virtually no returns, they
>have a 3 year warranty and run ~$100.  Unfortunetly, they don't make
>them for Delco dist's yet.  Check it out.

I heard about these and became VERY interested, the new models for
Lucas are NOT for the 22D in the TR6 according to factory engineers.
(the firing point on the 22D is different from 43D, hence I worked
 with them to produce a new kit that is correct, its based on my '70
 TR6 distributor with dual vacuum units, this being the most complex one)

I will place ONE bulk factory order on June 1 for everyone interested and
having check/money in my hands by June 1.  I'm buying 10 myself, so we
should be up on the discount curve.  $60 includes shipping, tax, etc.
Roger Bolick, 7205 Valburn Dr., Austin, TX 78731

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879