TR6 - Reconditioned window guides - save $$$ ??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Reconditioned window guides - save $$$ ??
From: "Richard R. Olson" <rolson@faa.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 13:05:49 -0700
Hi again,

Whilst the '72 is in a zillion pieces, I figured on making a few
'improvements'.  My windows have been a bit sloppy, so I got out TRF's
handy catalog, and find that each guide is a mear $29.00 !!!(1996 Glove
Box Companion).  It looks like the metal U-guide has some heavy duty felt
or short napped fabric glued to it, with a rubberized backing. (Mine's
totally shreded).  Anyone found a suitable replacement fabric for this
and reconditioned their own?  An alternate source??

Thanks,

Rick (hey, that rhymes with Nick, so I guess I can be cheap. too! ;> )