Re: TR6 - Camshaft Removal, Correction

To: tgentr@rw1.rworld.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 - Camshaft Removal, Correction
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 16:20:08 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-01 13:23:55 EDT, tgentr@rw1.rworld.com writes:

>TR>9) Remove the oil pan and the oil pump
>
>Dave, I was with you up until step 9.  I've replaced a cam without
>removing pan and pump, and my shop manuals, from Bentley, Autobook and
>Haynes, don't say anything about it.  Since the pump is driven by the
>dizzy, all you have to do is make sure the two line up correctly.  The
>other thing we might mention is that the head must be removed in order
>to remove the lifters (what do our friends across the pond call these?).
>
>At any rate, it's not a job that most of us would undertake lightly.
>
>Tom Gentry

Dear Tom et al,

I appolgize for the referenced step.  Please be gentle with me.  Bear in mind
that I was working from memory (and thus under a handy cap) and thought that
the oil pump was driven directly from a gear on the cam shaft (as does the
Austin Healy).

I have rebuilt several different engines over the years and they all seem to
run together after a while.

Once again, I appologize.

Dave Massey
TR6Massey@aol.com

P.S. I also appologize for any misspeled words.