Re: Family cars

To: DCHIAHOT@dqc2c.dofasco.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Family cars
From: TRHeaven@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 06:51:04 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-03 15:53:10 EDT, DCHIAHOT@DQC2C.DOFASCO.CA
(Chiahotny David) writes:

>Hi:  Just for interest, when coming back from the east coast on vacation,
>(4500 miles in 16 days with my wife in the '71 Spitfire - great trip) we
>came across a car show in New York state. Parked by the side of the road was

>a '66 Spit.  Traffic was slow due to the show so we were watching the car
>when a family of *6* came along and all got into the '66 Spitfire.  Mom and
>dad in the seats, 3 young members on the 'shelf' where the top would be if
>the owner had one, and the fourth youngster sat between mom and dad on the
>parking brake.
>Who says the Spitfire isn't a family car?
>
>David Chiahotny
>'70 E-type
>'71 Spitfire Mk IV
>'88 Topaz
>'89 Sundance

SIX!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  Is that like some kind of world record?  The other day
when I drove my Spit around to the backyard, my son wanted all of us to ride
in it (my wife, 4 yr old son, 2 yr old daughter, and myself).  I thought
about turning that parcel shelf into a backseat......... Not anymore.  It was
fun for a 30 second ride, but not much longer!

Ron Nottingham
77 Spitfire 1500  -  my daily driver
95 Sentra GLE  -  wife's daily driver