TR4 hood question re-phrased

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 hood question re-phrased
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 09:01:04 +0100
Thank you one and all regarding my question about the front fitting for a surrey
top on a '63 TR4. The thing is I know about the capping on top of the frame,
it's there.!!. The problem is I don't know how close the windscreen rubber
should
be to the capping at the top of hte frame, Should I be able to see paint between
the the two? The gap on mine is no more than 3mm, leaving little if no room to
insert the surrey top under the capping. In fact in the centre of the screen
frame the windscreen rubber goes up under the capping. Is this correct? Have I
got the wrong windscreen rubber? Is there another simple explaination??. Sorry
i did not make it clear last time but we do have this language barrier..
Irish-English and American-English.

XHERALD MAN on the up??
jgillis@lib1.tcd.ie