Train Wreck in Slow Motion ???

To: jtrindle@tsquare.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net
Subject: Train Wreck in Slow Motion ???
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 09:54:03 -0400

>To:    triumphs@autox.team.net

>...2 degrees ATDC timing...

My 65 MKII w/1147 motor has no noticeable timing marks.  Just a huge pointer
over the pully.  I timed it by performance:  advance until the crappy
distributor causes pinging (thats "Pinking"  for those who made these damn
cars) going up hill under load with our lousy unleaded mid grade (89 RON)
fuel.  Retard only as much as it takes for ping to go away.

Seems to work.  What do the experts say?  Am I setting this thing up to self
destruct?  Am I watching a train wreck in slow motion?

Brian N

65 Spit
79 Spit