Re: TR4/TR6 top (hood) frame

To: HENSONJ@LYNX.APSU.EDU
Subject: Re: TR4/TR6 top (hood) frame
From: gautreau@ix.netcom.com (J Gautreau )
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 10:31:05 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
You wrote:

>I am rebuilding a 1970 TR6, and I have a problem with the top frame
assembly.
>Much of my car came in boxes and the convertible top frame was
missing.
>I was able to order a replacement, but it came without the header
rail.
>(The front part that latches to the windscreen.) I am told it is no
longer
>available. Does anyone have a repairable/rebuildable header rail that
I could
>buy?
>
>Along this same line, I have a TR4 (so I was told) top frame assembly
that
>needs some minor repair and clean-up. It seems to be complete with the

>chrome plated latches, etc. I will pass it along to someone who needs
it
>if they will simply pay the shipping costs.
>
>I had forgotten how addictive this type of project can become!!!
>
>Jim Henson (not of the Muppets)
>70 TR6

Jim,

Not sure where you live but my local TR/MG restorer has a number of
parts cars with complete tops and headers. He is located in Hingham
Massachusetts.
His name is Adam Scott and his phone number is 617 740 8821

Actually, a much better source is my parts supplier in Vermont. His
name is Mike Buonanduci. His number is 802 439-5815. He is an excellent
source of new and used TR parts and ships UPS daily.

Good luck

Joe Gautreau   1970 TR6